All student registrations (both new and returning) must be completed through the district’s Central Registration Center.  Using the online pre-registration portal and providing the required documentation will help to expedite the student’s enrollment to school.  All registrations must be finalized at the Central Registration Center.  Please see the address, hours of operation, and contact information shown below to schedule a final registration appointment.

Dawson County Schools Central Registration Center
517 Allen Street
Dawsonville, GA  30534 

Hours of Operation:  M – F (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Contact:  Mrs. Lisa Miller
(706) 265 – 3246 Ext. 1035 

The links below are for the 16-17 school year.  Please contact Lisa Miller at the number above with enrollment questions for the 17-18 school year.

NEW STUDENTS:  Click HERE to begin registration for school.
RETURNING STUDENTS:  Click HERE to begin registration for school.

Students entering a Georgia public school for the first time must be age five on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.

                                                           Kindergarten Roundup April 14, 2017
                                   Click HERE for Kindergarten Roundup 2017-2018 Information!

Required Documents for School Enrollment

  • Birth Certificate
    • Original for Pre-K, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade.
    • Certified copy for all other grades.
  • Georgia Immunization Form and Vision, Hearing, and Dental Certificates
    • These forms may be obtained from your pediatrician or the local Department of Public Health.  (*NOTE:  Immunization forms from other states must be transferred to Georgia forms.)
  • Proof of Residency
    • Examples….house contract, lease agreement, utility bill, etc.
  • Social Security Number
    • In accordance with Georgia law, a social security number will be requested for each enrolling student at the time of initial enrollment. Parents may choose not to provide a social security number by signing a written waiver.
  •  *Note:  Required documents may be uploaded in .pdf, .jpeg, or .tif formats. 

Pre-K Enrollment

Dawson County Schools offers pre-K programs at Riverview Elementary School and Kilough Elementary School.  For additional information or to enroll a student in Pre-K, please contact the program director as shown below.

Ms. Shari Chastain
(706) 216 - 5812 Ext. 1963

Pre-K Enrollment Begins March 28, 2017.
Click HERE for Pre-K Enrollment 2017-2018 Information!