As required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,the Dawson County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations.
The Dawson County School System Career and Technical Education department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available in Agriculture Education, Transportation, Business and Computer Science, Engineering and Technology, Education, Family and Consumer Sciences, Government and Public Safety, Healthcare Science and Marketing. Additional information about Career and Technical Education can be found at:
The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. The Dawson County School System also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinators:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Stacy Martin, CTAE Director
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Hershel Bennett, Director of Special Education
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hershel Bennett, Director of Special Education
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Stacy Martin, CTAE Director,
- Title I, Part A of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Janice Darnell, Director of Student Services
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Hershel Bennett, Director of Special Education
These compliance coordinators may be contacted through the Dawson County Board of Education, 28 Main Street, Dawsonville, Georgia 30534, Telephone 706-265-3246