Please click the link below to view our Wellness Newsletter.
January 2017 Wellness Newsletter
February 2017 Wellness Newsletter
Local Wellness Policy to Include "Snack Guidelines"
Snack guidelines apply to all food and beverages sold to students on the school campus during the school day. School day is the period from midnight before to 30 minutes after the end of the official school day. School campus is all areas of the property under the jurisdiction of the school that are accessible to students during the school day. This includes: school stores, snack bars, vending machines, and other venues.
The snack food item must meet at least one of the following criteria:
1) Whole grain rich - 50% whole grain by weight or the first ingredient listed
2) One of the major food groups - fruit, vegetable, dairy product, or protein food - this product must me listed FIRST in the ingredient list.
3) Combination food - at least 1/4 cup of fruit and/or vegetable
All of these nutrient standards must be met:
1) Total fat - less than or equal to 35% as packaged
2) Saturated fat - less than 10% of total calories as packaged
3) Trans fat - zero trans fat per portion as packaged
4) Sodium - less than or equal to 230mg
5) Calories - less than or equal to 200 calories
6) Total sugars - less than or equal to 35% of weight per item
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.